It all depends on the format of your outings. We single out two basic approaches to the selection of camping equipment:
- Luxury Camping
- Compact Camping
Modern camping equipment allows you to achieve almost home comfort, which is important for those who prefer to camp for a long time and relax in nature with large companies. It can be fishing with friends or a family trip to the lake for the whole weekend. Most often in such cases they travel in a roomy car – a minivan, a sedan with a roof rack, a large jeep or crossover. Therefore, there are almost no serious restrictions on the quantity and volume of equipment.
What we can afford
- Living in a large tent or tent, inside of which you can stand upright. Often they are complemented by large vestibules, where you can arrange gatherings in case of bad weather.
- It is comfortable to sleep on a cot or a high self-inflating rug in a wide duvet-blanket.
- Take folding tables and chairs for feasts and gatherings. For the kitchen, you can take folding camping cabinets, tables, basins for washing dishes and more.
- Use camping gas stoves instead of portable burners and cook familiar dishes outdoors. For electrified campsites, you can even bring compact induction hobs with you.
- Carry a large supply of products in thermal containers with cold accumulators, car refrigerators and bulk thermoses.
- For long-term “wild” parking you can take a couple of sanitary tents. One for the shower, the second for the toilet.
- Take a large tent to organize a spacious dining and kitchen area, protected from the sun and rain.
- Bring a lot of everything for outdoor entertainment with you! Inflatable boat, badminton net, ball, bicycles, hammocks, SUP boards, fishing tackle and much more.
- Here we sacrifice a little “home” comfort for the sake of getting a lighter, more compact and versatile outfit:
- If you use the tent only for the night, then a large built-in vestibule and a high “ceiling” are not needed. And to organize gatherings or a kitchen, a small tent is enough.
- Sleep in a light cocoon sleeping bag on a regular tourist rug.
- You can refuse comfortable, but bulky camping furniture. Or replace it with ultra-light and compact models like Helinox chairs or Walkstool chairs .
- If you plan your diet correctly, add sublimates to it and do not use perishable products, then you can refuse thermal containers and a refrigerator.
- Cook not on tiles, but on a small tourist burner or on fire.